Android Development Tools (ADT)
ADT extends the capabilities of Eclipse to let you quickly set up new Android projects, create an application UI, add components based on the Android Framework API
1. Java JDK 6
2. Use Eclipse 3.5+ (Galileo) or (Pulsar)* preferred.
3. SDK Platform – Android 2.2
4. Eclipse Plug-in – ADT 0.9.7
Prerequisite can change according the update perform on Development machine so the option can be of latest version.
I personally recommend eclipse pulsar version because it is a dedicated IDE version for mobile development.
If you are developing for mobile which are supporting older version only you can get those API too.
Run Android setup..
- In the Available Software dialog, click Add….
If you have trouble acquiring the plug-in, you can try using "http" in the URL, instead of "https"
Select required package (1,2 are must)
1 SDK platform Latest
2 SDK Tools
3 Documentation (Optional but i recommend )
5 Usb Driver
6 Google APIs
the installed package \android-sdk-windows will contain
– New platforms are automatically saved.
– current (android-2.2 API 8)
– Debugging tools
– Dalvik Debug Monitor Service (ddms)
– Android Debug Bridge (adb)
– Android Asset Packaging Tool (aapt)